Please see below for current information regarding Indoor Programs in the community, Outdoor Rink and other information.
INDOOR PROGRAMS FOR WINTER 2020
Online registration will open Sunday December 15, 2019. We are using Event Smart for registrations, and the programs offered can be viewed and registered for through the link below. You can register on the Event Smart site and pay online using PayPal (or a credit card), NEW – register online and pay using e-transfer at firstname.lastname@example.org OR pay at the first class. Indoor registration will be held at Henry Kelsey School on January 7th 2020, between 7-8 pm.
Standard Waiver and Exclusion Agreement: Please note if class size is too small a program may be cancelled and a refund issued. Parental supervision is required in any preschool program. Any abuse towards instructors or other participants will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the program. Please treat facilities with respect so we can continue to use them.
I hereby assume all risks involved in my/my child’s participation in HBPMKW Community Association sports and activities. I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Community Association, its officers, participants, promoters, sanctioning organization or any subdivision thereof, owners and leases of the premises used to conduct said activities, and each of them, from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assignees, heirs and next of kin for any loss or damage on account of injury to person or property.
Where this website disagrees with the Leisure Guide, this website is correct. We apologize for any inconsistencies but printing deadlines require program submissions before details are confirmed.
Program locations for Winter 2020:
• Ecole Henry Kelsey: 16 Valens Dr
• Mayfair Community School: 510 34th Street W
• St. Edward School: 1002 Ave P N
• St. Michael School: 22 33rd Street E
If there are any programs you would like to teach that are not being run, please contact the indoor coordinator at HBPMKWindoor@gmail.com or any other member of the Community Association. We will offer as many programs as we have space and teachers.
Your Community Association wants to help all residents in the neighbourhood have the opportunity to take part in community programs. If you are not able to participate in a program because of the cost, we can help. Just ask about the “Cost as a Barrier” program at registration, or choose that option in the Event Smart site. If you have questions, please speak with any Community Association Executive member at registration or email
2) OUTDOOR RINK – After a few years of fundraising for a new rink, the community’s outdoor rink was demolished by Community Association board members and other neighbourhood volunteers in July 2019. Then in August 2019, the new rink was built over a few weekends by volunteers from the Community Association board and the neighbourhood. The community now has a new rink for all ages to enjoy for years to come. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped.
Location: Valens Drive
Evening Lights: on from about 5 – 10 pm
Rink Shack: Usually open on weekends from 12 noon – 6 pm for winter 2019-2020. Please remember that the rink is maintained by volunteers, and thank you for understanding and supporting community volunteers; sometimes life does not cooperate and the rink shack might not be open as expected.
3) SOCCER – currently unavailable in the neighbourhood as we need a volunteer to fill the Soccer Coordinator position. Please get in touch with the Community Association if you are interested in bringing kids’ community soccer back. Email us at HBPMKWindoor@gmail.com .
4) CITIZEN PATROL – if you are interested in helping revive Citizen Patrol as a volunteer coordinator with the Community Association, please email us at HBPMKWinfo@gmail.com for more information.