VOLUNTEER SPOTLIGHT from the AGM (annual general meeting) on October 16, 2019.
It was a very good Wednesday evening.
1) All volunteer positions were filled for the Community Association non-profit organization in your neighbourhood at the annual general meeting this evening. Most board members are staying on for another year either in the same position or are in a different role, and we were fortunate to have 3 new members join the board.
2) We were treated to a very cozy spot to have our annual general meeting at Carpenter’s Church – thank you for sharing your space with us.
3) We got to sample tasty coffee from Back To Beans on 33rd Street West during the meeting.
4) Enjoyed some cookies and lemon square from board members and their partners.
5) Were treated to a slideshow of the past year’s events and accomplishments in the community (most notably the community rink demolition and new rink built by volunteers and the first-ever neighbourhood garden tour).
6) Had a random draw for everyone who attended for a chance to win some homemade fudge.
7) Our annual budget for events and programs is set and it is going to be a good year!
THANK YOU BOARD MEMBERS
Thank you to returning volunteer board members:
Diane, Janet, Dave, Shelley, Margaret, Kaela, Mike, Melissa and Suzanne. And a warm welcome and big thank you to new members Jamie, Adam and Natalie.
We also have community resident, Evan, helping us get the website updated and running more smoothly. Long-time community volunteer, Matt, will continue to maintain the community’s outdoor rink. We really appreciate them and they are making a big difference with their help.
WANT TO CONTACT US?
Send the community association email at HBPMKW@gmail.com if you have any questions or want information on how get involved in helping out this year. We are always looking for new volunteers and a position as Member At Large is a great place to start out, helping when you can in big or small ways.
NEXT MEETING: Wed. Oct 30 at 6:30 pm
The next regular monthly meeting will be Wednesday, October 30th at 6:30 pm in the staff room of Henry Kelsey School, 16 Valens Drive. Come on out if you’d like to find out more about what is coming up in the community this year, or test the waters to see if you might like to join as a member-at-large (become an elected board member, attend monthly meetings and help out when you can, bring up new ideas if you want to, suggest different ways to do things we’re already doing, etc).