Join the Hudson Bay Park/Mayfair/Kelsey Woodlawn Community Association in supporting Sum Theatre’s Theatre in the Park production this summer.
The Other Side of the River is a family friendly rock opera about two sides of the same river. Original story was written by Yvette Nolan and the show devised by the Sum Theatre ensemble with original music composition by Amanda Trapp.
This show is coming to you this summer outdoors at Mayfair School on July 7th at 5:30pm and 7:30pm. You must reserve your free spot in order to join us in the park. For more information and to book your free tickets, check out sumtheatre.com or call306-381-6SUM.
Join us for the online Hudson Bay Park/Mayfair/Kelsey Woodlawn Community Association monthly meeting on Wednesday May 26th at 6:30 – 8:00 pm. This will be our last meeting of the year until the AGM (Annual General Meeting) in September.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS Now is a great time to start thinking about helping as a volunteer and/or regular board member starting in September. If you want to become more involved in your community, meet new people, and help make a difference where you live, please email us at HBPMKWinfo@gmail.com for more information on volunteering in the 2021-22 year.
We’re meeting online via teleconference, and any residents can attend. To receive the join code for the meeting, email us at HBPMKWinfo@gmail.com by 3 pm on Wednesday May 26th.
You can start and send your photo entry in today! All details are below.
TAKING PLACE FROM NOW UNTIL JUNE 15, residents living in Hudson Bay Park, Mayfair and Kelsey Woodlawn can take part in helping clean up their street, alley or nearby park on their own, with family or with friends while following pandemic safety guidelines. If you live in one of the above neighborhoods, you can join this year’s spring clean-up event and enter to win a great prize. Only collect what you can put in garbage bags and then put into your own garbage bin (all at once if you have a little, or over the course of a few weeks if you have a lot; garbage pick-up is weekly now).
THANK YOU to our community supporters for this event: Mike Yerhoff and Aron Cory kindly donated prizes and the HBPMKW Community Association has also joined in the fun of sponsoring a prize.
PRIZE LIST and deadline to enter The following will be part of a random draw for all photo entries received by June 15 (you can send us your entry today if you are already done; 1 entry per clean-up group):
(Prizes are listed in random order)
1) $75 gift certificate to POKEY’S PINBALL CAFE – from Mike Yerhoff, Realty Executives Saskatoon 2) $75 gift certificate to GREEK HOUSE RESTAURANT – from Mike Yerhoff, Realty Executives Saskatoon 3) 5 passes for a family to CLIP ‘N CLIMB Saskatoon – from Aron Cory, owner 4) $75 gift certificate to SERENDIPITY FLOWERS – from the Hudson Bay Park/Mayfair/Kelsey Woodlawn Community Association
All the details on HOW TO TAKE PART in the clean-up and enter to win: 1) WHEN? From today until June 15 (start at any time and send in your garbage photo right away or by June 15 – see all information below).
2) WHO CAN TAKE PART? Residents living in and cleaning up in Hudson Bay Park, Mayfair and Kelsey Woodlawn.
3) PRIZES and DEADLINE – 1 entry per clean-up group. Random draws will happen on June 15.
4) WHAT KIND OF GARBAGE? Garbage items that will fit in your own trash bags and can fit in your own garbage or recycling bins. Collected garbage can be put in your bins gradually over the course of a few weeks if you pick up a lot; weekly garbage pick-up has started in all neighbourhoods. * Found needles can be reported for pick-up by calling 306-975-3030. If you come across larger garbage in alleys or parks that needs to be picked up by the City, you can call the City’s Property Maintenance Dept. at 306-975-2828 or report it online on the City of Saskatoon website (include the address so they can find the item). Vulgar or gang graffiti can also be reported by calling the property maintenance number above (a photo and description helps when reporting online).
5) TAKE A PHOTO (your photo is your entry) and send it to us in order to enter the prize draw! If you can be in your photo with the garbage, even better! Photo-shy? Make use of a mask or hat and disguise yourself.
6) SEND YOUR PHOTO (email or facebook message) and let us know your street address. Addresses will not be shared anywhere, just used for verification for the prize draw as entrants must live in Hudson Bay Park, Mayfair or Kelsey Woodlawn. EMAIL your photo to the community association Events address at email@example.com OR send your photo in a message on the community association’s FACEBOOK page at https://www.facebook.com/hbpmkw
Have some fun while you’re out, take a photo and send it to us today up until June 15 to enter to win one of the above prizes!
Share your ideas and suggestion for making Saskatchewan more accessible.
“This is your opportunity to share your ideas and suggestions for accessibility legislation for Saskatchewan. You can take a survey, ask a question, or share your vision for a more accessible Saskatchewan.”
Nuit Blanche is coming to 33rd Street! The businesses and organizations along the street will be hosting installations and projections that can be viewed outdoors, at-a-distance, or from the safety and comfort of a vehicle.